To be responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned kitchen. Ensuring that the function provided are of the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan and Hotel corporate guidelines and service concepts.
While at work, (and while on work premises) an associate shall:
• Take reasonable care of their own health and safety.
• Take reasonable care of the health and safety of a person and the workplace, that may be affected by their acts or omission at work;
• Cooperate with full compliance with Hotel’s developed OSHMS policies, OSHMS procedures & operational works instruction in order to protect the health and safety of the people.
• Report to immediate supervisor any situation which they have reason to believe could present a hazards and which they cannot themselves correct;
• Report all OSH incidents and work related injuries; and
• Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided (e.g. Equipment & machineries, PPE, etc.) at the Hotel’s workplace in the interest of health, safety, welfare or protection or management of the workplace.
• Participate in conduct of OSH related planning and implementation in order to achieve the Hotel’s OSH objectives, targets & program.
• Attend all training arranged by Hygiene, Health & Safety Manager such as OSH training, safety Induction, on the job training, tool box talks, etc.
• Held accountable and committed whatever it takes to comply with the company’s OSHMS Policies, OSHMS Procedure, & Operational Works Instruction and any other relevant legislation applies within the organization.
• Held accountable to take care of his own health and safety, other person in the workplace that may be affected by their acts or omission at work.
• To report to his supervisor or respective Manager.
• Experience: Minimum five years’ culinary/kitchen experience in an international environment.
Must have full knowledge of cooking and presentation of food for all departments in this kitchen. Must have full knowledge of sanitation requirements in handling food.
• Education: High school diploma; culinary certificate preferred.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Technical Skills: Extensive knowledge in local and worldly cuisines; exceptional guest relations skills;
exceptional associate relations skills; strong organizational skills; computer skills proficiency; thorough understanding of financial reports including labor; ability to effectively direct and manage all facets of the kitchen; ability to lead a team; flexibility with work schedule; excellent presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
• Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout
the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Licenses & Certifications: None required.
JOB DESCRIPTION A Chef de Partie is responsible for supervising staff and ensuring high levels of food preparation to deliver...Apply For This Job