Provide engineering support and coverage to Flight Training, Cabin Crew Training and In-Flight Services Training devices. Involved in complex fault rectification and update of overall performance and fidelity of devices. Operate within time constraints on equipment with a high capital value.
– Resolve any defects on Training Devices using specialist knowledge and engineering principles, working within established department procedures and safety regulations. Continually assess operational working practices/procedures and make recommendations for improvement as required.
– Following department procedures, prepare Training Devices for use and at the end of training sessions, meet crews for feedback on device effectiveness. Attend to any unscheduled interruption of training to minimise downtime.
– Maintain hardware and software configuration of Training Devices to ensure the integrity of device performance and simulation fidelity. Must review, propose, plan and execute cost efficient solutions and alternatives to complex technical problems.
– Perform objective and subjective testing of Training Device in line with regulatory and department requirements. Identify, record and resolve performance deficiencies that arise.
– Perform scheduled maintenance tasks and record in accordance with department procedures. Document and record all performed tasks and identify parts used, highlighting any shortages for re-stocking.
– Lead Technicians in complex mechanical or electrical repair and overhaul tasks.
– Conduct shift handovers and the exchange of information between shifts to ensure work continuity. Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and collaboration within the team to deliver the standard of service required, and enabling stakeholders to plan accordingly.
– Liaise with equipment suppliers, internal and external contractors to manage training device defect resolution. Ensure supplier technical contractors are aware of and work in accordance with department procedures and safety regulations. May be involved in the acquisition and acceptance of new training devices or the update of existing training devices working within time and budget constraints.
– Provide training for colleagues. Maintain, update and expand own skill set through a combination of formal training, self-study and on job training.
– Support ongoing Regulatory Authority simulator qualifications, associated with preparing the Training Device, producing Regulatory reports and participating the evaluation sessions and debriefs with internal and external
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
Flight Operations / Other : 3+ Years
Knowledge and Skills
– Degree in Engineering (preferably Aeronautical).
– Alternatively, academic requirements may be substituted for proven experience and expertise gained within the industry.
– The jobholder requires at least 2 years professional experience within the simulation and training equipment industry.
– The jobholder should have a track record of working in medium to large technical organisations.
– The jobholder should be capable of producing results in multidisciplinary environments in accordance to regulatory requirements, industry and organisation standards
– The jobholder is required to be technically aware, and to have well-developed team development skills
– Leadership Role :NO
– Safety Sensitive Role: Yes
Experienced Tibco Architect with knowledge on latest products (e.g. Tibco business works container edition) and hands on experience on Platform...Apply For This Job
Leads production discipline engineering support for fabrication. Understands the (discipline) production team of drafting, material control, and coordinating requirements for...Apply For This Job
Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture from an accredited institution A Master’s degree in architecture or related fields may be...Apply For This Job
Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate...Apply For This Job
The IT Infrastructure team operates all networks, servers, and storage platforms used to deliver services to Agodas customers. We support...Apply For This Job