We are looking for an experienced HR Assistant to join GEMS Winchester School Fujairah on an immediate start.
Your will support the HR Officer in managing all aspects of Human Resources within the school. Oversee the implementation and compliance with GEMS Human Resources policies, procedures and systems. Provide expertise, support and advice in the various Human Resources functions, which include recruitment, staffing, performance management, Employment Law and employee relations.
You will support to HR Officer in managing all day to day operations of the Human Resources school office. Manage and oversee Human Resources policies, procedures and systems to ensure consistency and compliance.
Advise and support staff on UAE Labour law regulations and compliance. Be a source of expertise within school on issues relating to Employment Law, HR Policies and Human Resources best practice.
Prepare employment contracts and maintain all personal files of employees in coordination with the GRC and Ministry of Labour/Education requirements and in accordance with GEMS Compliance guidelines and audit criteria.
Support and communicate effectively with new employees during the pre-hire onboarding period to ensure a smooth and effective joining process
Administer and explain insurance benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Support employees with insurance related and medical issues. Monitor attendance and absence levels and report/escalate issues to HR Officer. Ensure consistent and transparent approach in handling attendance, leave and absence in school finance and operations.
Manage end to end recruitment process including advertising (internal and external) and shortlisting in accordance with GEMS Recruitment SOPs.
Oversee and ensure compliance with GEMS Compensation & Benefits guidelines and policy including following approved pay scales, compliance with Internal Transfer Policy and C&B SOPs. Maintaining ERP database accurately for all C&B transactions.
Oversee Performance Management within school ensuring that GEMS guidelines and timescales are adhered to and that all applicable employees have appropriate goals in place. Advise and support management with Performance Management best practice.
• Bachelor degree.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
• Credible experience of managing employee relations
• Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods
• At least a minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience working in a HR Assistant capacity or a strong admin or customer service background with aptitude for HR.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
• Solid communication skills, attention to details and follow up. Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
• Pro-active, positive, solutions oriented approach. Able to be flexible and deal with a degree of ambiguity and work independently.