PURPOSE & SCOPE:
Jobs at this level are responsible for planning and allocating tasks for the Engineering and Drafting teams, the co-ordination of activities, attendance at client meetings and the preparation and checking of all project documentation. These role holders can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Coordinators based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in assigned projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews the Scope of Work to assess manpower requirements, gains approval for securing of necessary resources.
• Plans and allocates various tasks to the Engineering and Drafting teams and supervises and directs progress to ensure timely completion within approved manpower budget and to agreed quality standards.
• Attends project kick off meeting to gain appreciation and understanding of project and to provide Engineering input.
• Checks all project drawings, documentation, calculations, the PR, technical evaluations and manpower estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness.
• Co-ordinates activities under own responsibility with other disciplines to ensure effective progress and avoid duplication of effort.
• Collects inputs on queries, reviews them and passes to the Project Engineering Manager for resolution.
• Attends project progress/technical client meetings to report on activities and has some direct client contact for the resolution of problems.
• Attends design review meetings to provide advice and expertise on Engineering aspects.
• Co-ordinates the various Engineering inputs for consideration in project bid preparation.
• Ensures all necessary completion action is taken upon project completion.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering.
• 10 years total Engineering experience and minimum 8 years in the oil and gas industry; experience in onshore projects, with knowledge into the underground piping systems is required;
• Good technical knowledge and skills.
• Thorough understanding of specific Engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of Engineering software for stress analysis, 3D modelling etc
• Proven supervisory track record.
• Well developed planning and organising skills.
• Good command of written and spoken English.
• Good Communication skills.
• Good Optimization skills.
About the job Company Description Work with Us. Change the World. At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving...Apply For This Job