Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. This necessitates engagement at the strategic enterprise level while also taking full responsibility for the solution architectures implemented by individual projects and programmes.
– Contribute to the development and maintenance of Architecture Guiding Principles, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience.
– Lead the development of new corporate IT standards, analysing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those standards.
– Lead the development and documentation of architectural patterns and solution designs for use in solutions. Provide expert consultancy and coaching on these to project teams.
– Track technologies and new business innovations, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape.
– Lead the solution shaping phase for major (more than AED 5m) complex projects, taking full responsibility for the architecture of the solution. This involves developing a solution scenarios / stakeholder model, identifying appropriate strategic solution options, developing high level architectures for those options, leading the evaluation of the candidate architectures, selecting the preferred solution architecture, documenting that architecture and guiding the development team in its adoption and elaboration as a solution design.
– Provide expert advice to projects on technical and architectural standards, guiding them on the need to raise exception requests, develop new or amended standards, and on the appropriate use of architectural patterns.
– Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
– From time to time, lead a strategic incubator project that will take a strategically significant new or innovative technology or architectural approach. This involves assembling and managing the development team, taking full responsibility for the solution architecture, leading the design and development of the solution, and taking overall responsibility for the management of the project, its budget, timescales and dependencies. Such projects will create the foundations for corporate strategic platforms on which our future critical business systems will depend. Significant experience of major systems architecture is needed to ensure that a robust and scalable solution is developed.
– Manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of STE, Principal Solution Architect resources as required, and engage in, and lead, a much wider virtual team of senior managers, technical and subject matter experts and business managers consisting of at least 20 individuals.
– Own, Manage and maintain the architecture roadmap of complex/large Projects, Products, Environments or Platforms.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
8+ Years Information Technology or Other
In Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
Ideally higher level business-related qualification, such as MBA
Ideally certification in at least one of the areas mentioned in Annex 1
Experience in the development of distributed, mission critical applications in heterogeneous
environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
Experience of detailed business system architecture and design
Specialist experience in at least two of the areas mentioned in Annex 1
Preferably technical leadership and architecture experience.
A proven track record in hybrid cloud cyber security architecture and have knowledge and experience contributing to the development and maintenance of security architecture guiding principles by drawing architectural expertise and experience.
Experience in protecting sensitive information such as customer data by designs complying with their regulations. Deep understanding of protecting internet-facing and B2C applications, including web and mobile.
Experience in providing expert consultancy and coaching on cyber security topics to multi-disciplinary & agile teams.
Experience designing and validating architectural solutions with a principle of Secure by Design targeting PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS.
Good exposure to user, device, network, infrastructure, application and data security design best practices for both on-premise and cloud and new technology paradigms such as blockchain, IoT, biometric, AI/ML, big data etc.
Participate, lead and jointly deliver security architecture evaluation reports on cloud providers, cloud-native platforms, data center solutions, and Software as a Service solutions
Expertise in performing threat modeling, generating security architectural requirements to software development and product teams for solutions by evaluating business strategies and requirements in alignment with standards such as ISO 27000 series, SOC2, NIST CSF, CSA, OWASP, OSSTMM, ISO, PCI-DSS, GDPR
Good understanding of architectures, deployment models, connectivity, databases, cloud platform services, automation, monitoring, and cyber security aspects of infrastructure and business applications.
Demonstrated experience in anchoring and leading cyber security landscape rationalization and modernization by engaging senior stakeholders.
Proven experience in defining, governing and adopting cloud and on premise cyber security architecture patterns, guidelines and policies.
The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of an agile feature team working independently on software development and...Apply For This Job
Excellent Opportunity to work with a leading manufacturing company. To be successful in this role you must have atleast 4...Apply For This Job
Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate...Apply For This Job
Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture from an accredited institution A Master’s degree in architecture or related fields may be...Apply For This Job
Excellent opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer based in UAE. To be successful in this role you must have...Apply For This Job