The Senior Software Engineer is a fully participating member of a cross functional team working autonomously on technology development and problem resolution. The role involves the design, development, implementation and maintenance of technology solutions and products that support the Emirates Group Business.
– Lead technical design and build for small to medium sized solutions in a team. Translate functional and non-functional requirements into fit for purpose technical design. Ensure solution performance, business edge cases and security related issues while developing software.
– Debug issues of complexity and follows design documents with minimal or no supervision.
– Code review by peers/technical leads demonstrates good coding principles. Software engineering tasks or problems of moderate to high scope. Ttranslate business solution requirements into potential technical solutions based on technical design.
– Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
– Work with senior technical engineers in the technical design process by contributing in the analysis of technical application requirements.
– Automate unit tests and carries out testing independently. Troubleshoot issues, fixes defects that are moderate to high complexity and carry out testing independently.
– Shadows senior engineers on design and architecture components and collaborate with members of the cross functional team to identify areas of inefficiency and propose solutions.
– Adhere to the Emirates Group IT coding standards, guidelines and best practices and contribute to Software Engineering Playbooks and other Standards documents.
– Data Engineering and Data Analytics
– Conduct data analysis activities such as source system analysis, data dictionary collection, data profiling and source-to-target mapping to ensure solutions deliver on business needs.
– Update data inventories and registries as required to keep metadata and data lineage up-to-date, following agreed Data Governance standards, guidelines and principles.
5 years of experience in IT development and support domain in a large organisation out of which 2 years of development experience following Agile methodologies on ServiceNow platform; primarily on ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, IRM modules.
System integration experience using web services and other web based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
Exposure to ServiceNow platform capabilities and tools like Discovery/Service Mapping, ATF, Integration Hub, Flow Designer and Mobile Studio
Exposure and experience on ServiceNow portal and Mobile App development
Qualifications & Experience
Information Technology.Software :
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Computational Mathematics, Computer engineering or Software Engineering.
4+ years Software Engineering (preference for Airline industry experience) (Fewer years? experience will be considered for Master degree holders) Knowledge/skills: As well as strong analytical skills the Senior Software Engineer must have worked with a range of technologies, understands the difference between them and competently uses technology with minimal supervision. – Required for Data Engineering and Data Analytics roles The Senior Software Engineer should have a good understanding of system integration architecture, and data architecture and models, and data analysis techniques. Self-starter and has passion for exploring and learning new technology with relevant experience in one or more of these areas and a good hands on experience in at-least on of the below technologies, based on business need: Technology Domain Key Technologies/Tools Data Analysis – SQL, Excel, JSON, XSD, XML, AVRO, PARQUET Big Data – Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Pig, Hive, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, ADLS, ADF, Azure Databricks, Kafka, Elasticsearch, HBase SAP – ABAP, FIORI, NETWEAVER, S/4 HANA, Digital Boardroom, SCP Cloud Platform , HCI Machine Learning (ML) engineering – DataiKU, Python, R, Scala, Spark Mllib, Azure Databricks, Tensorflow, IBM Watson, NLP, Deep Learning, NumPy, Pandas, Scikit learn Mainframe – High level Assembly, JCL, Restructured eXtended eXecutor (REXX), Turbo Scripting (T2SE), ISO C for ALCS, z/OS 2.2, IBM Tivoli System Automation, QPASA (MQ Monitoring), ZEN- IMPLEX & EXIGENCE network and TCPIP / OSA monitoring , One Automation, GDPS, WAS-OLA Integration & Messaging – SnapLogic, Tibco, Apigee, Kafka, Informatica, Datalex Turbo Scripting (T2SE), Rabbit MQ, Websphere MQ, SpringCloud Api Gateway Frontend & CMS – Angular 6/7, Angular Js, React.JS, Java Fx, JSP, Tridion, Umbraco, SASS, LESS, HTML 5, CI/CD – GIT Bitbucket, Jasmin, Karma, Quick & Nimble, Selenium, Cucumber, Protractor, Jmeter, Gatling, Appium, XCUITest, Swift, Docker, Openshift, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Jira-Agile, Confluence, VRA-CodeStream, Appdynamics, ShiftLeft Automation – Java, Selenium, Oracle with VB Script, RESTAssured, SOAP, JS, Scala ( Gatling), APPD, HP Load Runner, Jmeter, HP UFT, Python , Nose, numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, Sikuli, Chai-Mocha, Junit, Nosetest, OneAutomation, Automation anywhere Database – Couchbase, Cassandra, Oracle, MySQL, TPFDF (ZUDFM ALCS Database Facility), Mongo DB, Exadata, Essbase, Hyperion, Elasticsearch, HBase
Leadership Role : NO
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for a team of Supervisors. The Electrical Engineer typically operates on a project and is...Apply For This Job
Provide technical support to the Scaffolding and Cradles Operations Departments, working closely with various clients in order to produce full...Apply For This Job
Your Role International, Challenging And Future-Oriented! The Motion Control Service Engineer is responsible for design, implementation, commissioning and troubleshooting...Apply For This Job
To be successful in this role you must have atleast 4 years experience into Power Electronics and Electrical Motors. Key...Apply For This Job
Provide engineering support and coverage to Flight Training, Cabin Crew Training and In-Flight Services Training devices. Involved in complex fault...Apply For This Job